- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
Virtual Norwegian collects the following data:
Please note that your last name can be hidden from non-members by changing your settings in the dasboard.
- Personal identification information, such as full name, email address and country of residence
- A timestamp of all registrations and last seen activity.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Virtual Norwegian with all the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register an account
- Logging in to your account
- Tracking your virtual flights using VNPC
How will we use your data?
Virtual Norwegian collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with virtual flights, achievements etc
- Email you with news or account statuses
How do we store your data?
Virtual Norwegian securely stores your data in our database through Linode hosting.
We will keep your data as long as you are an active member of this virtual airline.
What are you data protection rights?
Virtual Norwegian would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access
– You have the right to request Virtual Norwegian for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
– You have the right to request that Virtual Norwegian correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Virtual Norwegian to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
– You have the right to request that Virtual Norwegian erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
– You have the right to request that Virtual Norwegian restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
– You have the right to object to Virtual Norwegian’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
– You have the right to request that Virtual Norwegian transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: anders [at] virtualnorwegian.net
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Virtual Norwegian uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage your cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: anders [at] virtualnorwegian.net